Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sleep?

I used to set my alarm for 7:45am to remind myself to take my medication.  I used to wake around 7, as this was when Jeanne was waking up, and Loki would wake soon after.  Then I noticed Jeanne was waking around 6:30am, and so would Loki. 

Personally, I have started setting my alarm for 6:00am so I can have my 15-20 minutes ALONE to do yoga each morning.  The trouble is, I've just realized that the last week or two maybe, I'm always up around 5:00 am, Loki wakes up and just will not go back to sleep.  Jeanne wakes up too, usually around 4:45 -5:00 am and hubbers will go to her room to give her milk, in desperate hope she will go back to sleep.  Sometimes Jeanne will go back to sleep, and hubbers seems really grateful.  Other times, she will just keep fidgeting, turning, or kicking him.... unitl he bascially can't take it anymore, then he gets out of bed. 

Now the real kicker is, he goes into Jeanne's room, in hopes that I get more sleep, since he knows I get up so often with Loki throughout the night.  Sweet really.  But, Loki does the same thing Jeanne does.  He wakes at 5:00 am, and will not go back to sleep.  He will roll from side to side, grab my face with his teeny, tiny, stupid, strong baby fist and kick me repeatedly. 

By the time 6:00 am or 6:30 am rolls around hubbers and I have already literally taken a beating for over an hour, are tired and already cranky.  How is it my kids are sleeping less and less often?

Jeanne's total day sleep is between 1.5-2 hours.  Rarely she refuses to nap or will sleep for 3 hours.
Jeanne's total night time sleep (in reality now) 8.5 hours.  That is not enough for a toddler.  Most toddlers I know are sleeping 11-12 hours a night (not counting pee wake ups or milk demands).

Loki's daytime sleep (total) 2.5 hour nap, this is one 30 minute nap and a 2 hour nap (which is always broken up 3-4 times, he won't actually just sleep for 2 straight hours).
Loki's nighttime sleep (total) about 9.5-10... still doesn't sound like enough for a 7 month old.

Parents nighttime (max) sleep 5.5 hours, always broken up.

Tired.

Suggestions?  Other than drugging them of course.

2 comments:

  1. I gave my son homeopathic chamomilla to calm him down during fussy times, growth spurts, teething, etc. As for the kicking part, maybe you could put the kids together and let them kick each other? (just kidding!) -Julie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they sell it buy the gallon per chance? Kidding, although I am considering putting them together for nap time when Loki is about a year old. You know, when he can fend for himself a little better. I've read that siblings that sleep together often get along better. Thanks for the tip Julie!

    ReplyDelete