Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Eating Machines I tell you

Those who have had children will be aware that they go through spurts where they eat all day long (or nurse) and days where you can't get them to eat a lollipop.  Well today was an eating day for the mini-Bakers.

For breakfast Jeanne had sausage with gravy, cereal with milk and homemade applesauce with carrots.  Loki nursed and had avocado and applesauce with carrots and brown rice cereal. 

Lunch time rolls around and Jeanne had a grilled cheese on homemade bread, a cup of juice and half a Quorn patty (mushroom patty).
Loki nursed 3 times in 90 minutes

Dinner Jeanne had yellow lentil with spinach soup, orange black beans and rice, almost an entire chicken leg, cauliflower with korma spiced purple onions and raisins and potatoes cooked to perfection with cheese (seh had a second serving of potatoes while IN the bathub).
Loki nursed, had half a jar of 'vegetable turkey dinner' nursed AGAIN as we still eating dinner, and that was after having/playing with cheerios BEFORE dinner. 

As for me, I have been having fun 'dual wielding' my two crockpots. 
Just this week I have made pears with apricots (it was supposed to just be for Loki, but WOW it was good, we all had some for dessert)
Indian yellow lentil and spinach soup
a Minestrone soup
a pound of black beans
Orange black beans (RECIPE will be posted, these are amazingly good, addictive even!)
a whole chicken cooked rotisserie style
surgared almonds
apples and carrots (again, for Loki, but we had some too)
"Dad's Ramja" (Indian kidney beans, uber yummy)

In the que we have
apples and oatmeal for breakfast (hopefully I'll get it set up tonight)
and Falafel (hubbers and I had decided that THIS will be replacing our weekly turkey burgers, they are so amazingly good and easy to make if you own a food processor and a slow cooker!)

Ahh, I am pleasantly full and enjoying a cup of tea.  My stomach is telling me I really shouldn't eat any more food, but if my son is going to be chowing down all night, I just might want to tank up on calories!

What great foods have you eaten recently?

3 comments:

  1. wolfgang pucks tortilla soup! yummy !
    I have the recipe but have not yet had it. Tehy have a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Logan,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an incredible amount of food those kids are eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, very hungry little buggers.

    ReplyDelete