Monday, October 10, 2011

3 ingredient "Ice cream"

I made a special treat last night. I remembered someone commenting a long time ago about making "ice cream" without milk, but couldn't find the link. With some searching I found this very sweet, creamy delicious treat.

You need three ingredients and a food processor. The food processor is necessary, unless you have one of those ninja / vitamix buggers, a regular blender just won't do unfortunately.

Frozen Bananas (yes, must be frozen), peanut butter (of sunbutter/almond butter etc) and unsweetened cocoa powder (I used nestle, feel free to use your favorite premium)

I used:
2 FROZEN bananas
2 Tablespoons peanut butter (I eat a LOT of peanut butter, more than my 2 year old)
0.5 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder

Chop the banana into 8 pieces or so, add peanut butter and cocoa and pulse or use LOW in the food processor. Stop when all ingredients are appropriately mixed. From start to finish, it all takes about 3 minutes and the final product is amazing!

We ate this as soon as it was finished, I didn't feel a need to put it back in the freezer.

No added milk (great for vegans!), can increase or decrease amount of peanut butter (OK, ok, I admit, I added 2.5 Tablespoons, get off my back!) or use sunbutter if you have nut allergies.

No added sugars, and no added ~stuff~ 3 ingredients. WIN!

Do you think a banana tree will grow on my porch in North Carolina?

I cannot wait to make this again, and add more cocoa, maybe 1 Tablespoon for a more chocolate taste (the peanut butter, was eh hem, overwhelming lol).

This made enough for two adults to share, but I'll not lie, this could have easily been consumed mightily by myself. Mua ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment