Saturday, October 22, 2011

Another highchair?

So, I have been feeding Loki for just over 2 months now.  We have a bouncy chair for newborns that worked well for the first feedings of plain cereal and water.  I also have a seat with a try on wheels for bigger kids (4 months +) to scoot around on wood/tile floors.  I got this from Eileen's friend, Jeanne loved it at Leominster with our wood floors, and now Loki loves to scoot around in our kitchen.  We fed him here for a while, before he could really stand on his own.

Food shopping, thank goodness I only needed a couple of items.  They are both much smaller in my head.
Now though, that he is 7 months old, he can stand in that chair, and makes feeding him very difficult since he just bounces and stomps the whole time, so I moved him to a chair that attaches to the table (again, we had since Jeanne).  But his chair was very dirty yesterday, so I took it off and washed it.  while it was drying Jeanne said she wanted to color.  I thought I would see how she did in a chair all by herself.  She was fine, so I happen to put Loki in her highchair, and he loved it, he sat so much higher and was able to reach his beloved cheerios much better.  He has historically not liked sitting in his chair, and I though it was just because he doesn't like to sit still.  No, he must have just been uncomfortable.  He had a blast in his highchair.





































I quickly considered just letting Jeanne sit in a 'big girl' chair, but that idea went away quickly.  She loves to paint and when she does, it's usually a whole body/paper/try affair. 

We need two highchairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment