Saturday, March 17, 2012

Operation "Eat Better"

Okay,  we're serious this time.

 Hubbers and I are making serious changes to our diet so we can be more healthy.  This has been coming for a while, but has recently been spurred by the 'releases' that the cholesterol reducing medication has further side effects, namely 'memory loss' and 'diabetes'.  Excuse me?  You just figured this out?  Right, LIARS!

I don't have a key word for our new diet, since we are doing our best to actually stick to it and not someone else's rules.  We're not going 'vegan' as only half and half will do in my coffee.  I tried almond milk and it just doesn't cut it.  And no, I will not give up coffee, I have kids, so back off my caffeine.  My kids also love salmon, so I would love to continue eating salmon, so we're not really vegetarian either.  They certainly don't eat everything I eat, but they also refuse to eat anything I won't put in my mouth, so Salmon stays on our table.

So, as a matter of keeping myself and my family on track, I will post what we ate that day.  No, I won't do this forever, that would be crazy boring don't you think?  30 days.  Nice easy number, complete, one month then done.  Maybe that wil also help me from doing the same ole same ole every night, folding laundry and picking up toys.

So here is begins:
Today we ate:
Breakfast
Mom: PBAO muffin (recipe coming), a couple of bites of steel cut oatmeal, coffee
kids:steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar, Jeanne whole orange, Loki apple cubes

Mom snack: "fast cookie" (recipe coming)
Lunch:
All roasted red pepper hummus with olives and lettuce on a wrap, water
Kids: split cheese stick

Snack:
Kids almond milk
mom: barilla plus pasts with spinach and nutritional yeast

Dinner:
All salmon, orange scented broccoli, beets, spanish rice
adults: wine, corn chips

Very Late snack:
corn chips, jalapeños, tomatoes, uber yummy heirloom 'good mother stallard' beans

No comments:

Post a Comment