Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOKI SAGE!

At 8:56 pm this evening last year you were born.  At 8:59pm, you were taken from me and brought to the NICU unit.  All that matters now is that we fought to take you home with us and won.  The first moment your sister saw you, she gave you a kiss.  Your observant eyes were always searching for your mommy, even in the first days.

 We named you perfectly, and love every breath you take.  You came during a very difficult year for us, and all the challenges we had, brought us all closer as a family.

I will never forget the first time you smiled at me Loki.  Your face beamed, and I could feel myself being brought out of a deep, dark place.  Thank you for coming to get me.  I wake each morning, waiting to see your smiling face now.


Words he understands:
Mama, Daddy, Jeanne, wake up, more, thirsty, water, beans, play, friends, 'at work'

Words he can speak:
Mama, Daddy, (he's working hard on jeanne, it sounds like 'eene')

Signs he makes on his own:
Daddy, more, hello, all done

Signs he understands:
water, thirsty, home (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment