Sunday, September 4, 2011

Loki's first cold

Well, two days ago Loki started showing signs of a runny nose.  By bedtime, we were sure he was sick.  This first night, he woke up every hour, 8:50pm, 9:50pm, 10:50pm etc.  Hubbers offered to help me with him, but I know he needs his rest so he can function at work. (thank you though love).  The next day, Loki spent a lot of time on my chest, close to mommy and upright.  He napped several times through the day.  At night though, he just could not breath when he lied down.  He finally went to sleep around 1am (yes one in the morning), he would sleep in our arms, but as soon as we placed him down he would start choking, so I ended up putting him in him bouncy chair so he was semi sitting/semi upright.  He was able to sleep for two hours and I slept on the floor next to him with a pillow and Jeanne's fleece animal blanket to cover me.

This morning Loki seems much better, he is able to breath very well, and slept well most of the night.

I am so happy that it has taken so long for Loki to get sick in the first place, Jeanne was in daycare at 3 months, and she came home sick just about every 3 weeks with fevers (which would keep hubbers and I up all night fretting, wiping her down with wet cloths, and us taking turns staying awake.  She had a couple of very scary fevers).  Loki is 24 weeks old or 5.5 months, depending on which calender you are following, he is HAPPY and healthy, but every body needs to build more antibodies, and Loki just had his first 'wild' adventure.  We made it out unscathed!

On another note, Jeanne has been quite the chatter box and amazes us each day with the types of questions she asks. She is growing up so quickly.  Also, I have noticed that Loki's face is changing, he is looking less like 'baby' and more like whatever Loki will grow to look like.  When I mentioned this to hubbers, he said he looks like Papaw.  I think he may be right, Loki may have the Fitz ears, but I think he may have many of his grandfathers features.  A handsome boy he will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment