Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

It was a cool 65F and overcast this morning, so I took Jeanne to the woods to go for a walk (this time I brought my camera!).  Although, little missy had other plans.  In was almost 9:00 am, so she shouldn't have been tired, but she was like a stubborn mule! She would not walk!  She would stand in one place and observe a leaf forEVER.  Finally, I picked her up and walked maybe 2 minutes so I could get out of sight of the visitor center and our car and put her back down. 

Maybe this area is 'better' for walking?  As soon as her precious little toes hit ground I hear "UP! UP!"

OK, I strap her onto my back, and I decide I will pt her back down when she asks later.  Well, she never did.  So much for her getting some active moving time this morning!  I however, had a wonderful, cool Fall walk in the woods.  The path I took was 2.75 miles, and I double times the last 1/2 because I was worried about being away from the car too long... didn't want hubbers worrying too much!  We had done this path before, but only walked 1/3 so he would have expected me at a certain time.  Well, that all needed him to be awake to realize I was in the woods, but anyway, I digress.

I didn't see any cool insects, dagnabit, but I did see one cool animal.  I took a video, but you will have to wait a bit for the upload, I will be sure to point it out.  I will tell you again later, but the video is very shaky since I had Jeanne on my back, and she was kicking her feet and waving to the animal.... Sorry.



This path was so peaceful, I had a glorious morning, all by myself (kinda, Jeanne was cool just watching the scenery) and I loved the feeling of Fall.  I also love that this park is exactly 3 minutes from our apartment with numerous trails for us to walk, and horses, and apparently an abundance of wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment