Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A fun time had by all.

Hubbers decided to take last Thursday and Friday off so we could all have a mini family vacation, and I am so grateful he did.  Each day was a blast.  I told you about Thursday and the walk in the woods.

Friday we went to Downtown Raleigh to the (LINK) Museum of Natural Science.  This museum was fantastic! 4 floors all containing geological, live wildlife (reptiles, insects and butterflies), taxidermy animals (although thankfully they place wasn't packed so full you felt surrounded by death like at the Harvard Museum of Natural History (that place gave me the creeps and made me feel claustrophobic, I hated it.)

We we there for over 2 hours and barely covered half the place.  It was fantastic!  I can't wait to go back, and see what we missed.  Jeanne loved looking at the snakes and insects crawl around and follow the tracks on the ground.

Did I mention it was all free?  I love this state!  North Carolina has so many parks, facilities and programs either really cheap or free for families.  I am so glad we are here!  Oh, and parking for the museum, $2.  That's it.  That would never happen in Boston!

Sunday Mom went to go volunteer on a farm for 10-10-10 and Hubbers caught the first of 3 flights for a business trip.  Monday morning early, Grandmommy went to the airport to go back home.

I'm glad we were able to have such a long visit together, but Jeanne is taking this morning a bit hard.
She woke up early and crawled off the bed by herself and pointed to her bedroom (where Grandmommy had been sleeping).  Hearing that Grandmommy was not here, she then walked around the apartments calling for Dada.  After a few minutes of that, only mama's lap and a cup of 'juice' would do.

Thanks Mom for coming down and visiting with Jeanne for so long, she so loves you and cherishes her time with you.  Thanks hubbers too for taking some time off before your long trip, it was nice to spend some time with you and Jeanne, wish you were here!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you all too! I am so sad I will not be there for Thanksgiving, but I am hoping to be able to visit in December... hoping, hoping, hoping!

    ReplyDelete