Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I knew it would happen.

Hubbers and I have spoken about Jeanne growing up, that we recognize that she is no longer a baby.  But I think it only truly set in as fact today.  Her ability to pick up new words daily astounds me, and I cherish how she tries and practices her words. Her facial expressions can range from angry, manipulative, shocked, and ecstatic, its even funnier to watch her mimic these faces to get reactions out of me.

She walks, talks, attempts whole conversations, is actively curious about her surroundings, 'reads' books, colors, dances, sings, keeps time to music, is loving, independent and social.

I know, specifically, my Uncle Lee has said numerous times, how he was amazed at how quickly his kids grew up, and how sad it was that the baby/little person he knew and loved is just no longer. 

I'm sad too.  My precious baby is no more. I am not her world. I am still a big part of it, and I love this new, little, amazing, bright, toddler so, so much!  But she no longer fits in the crook of my arm, she no longer wishes to fall asleep on my shoulder.

I am so happy that Hubbers and I were able to bring Jeanne into this world healthy, and get her 5 pound 6 ounce body packed full of love and nutrients so she could grow.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, this was a very sweet post -- very heartfelt and oh, so true. Y ou guys make GREAT parents!

    ReplyDelete