Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dinner made!

I made this tonight: (LINK)
salsa chicken
in my slow cooker.  I had thawed breast meat, so did add more salsa, but because it was thawed already it cooked fully in 3 hours.  The chicken shredded wonderfully, and I made burritos with the meat, beans and veggies, topped with sour cream, cheese and jalapenos.  Even hubbers liked it!  I was so thrilled something I made was good enough for my husband (the chef) to enjoy.  WIN!

Also, for a surprise, I baked homemade chocolate chip cookies, a la Aunt Laurie's recipe.  I used to bake cookies for hubbers all the time, but haven't since Jeanne was born.  Following Ghirardelli's recipe as a foundation, and remembering Laurie's suggestions, I did the following:
cut 1/4 cup flour total
replaced 1/4 cup white flour with whole wheat
cut butter by 1/2 cup
added 1/2 cup applesauce
used 3/4 package Ghirardelli's chips

All in all a yummy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment