Saturday, July 30, 2011

Farmers Market

From left to right:
Pint spray free blueberries ($4), 5 cling free peaches (5), quart sugar sweet tomatoes ($3), large Athena melon ($3), 3 peppers , purple, green and yellow ($3), 2 summer squash and 2 zucchini ($3), 3 handfuls green beans ($3.50), 7 large "ice cream peaches" (bruised, super ripe) ($5)
=$29.50, and one super thrilled Crystal!

As an added plus, Loki was quite the whole car ride there (15 minutes) and fell asleep just before we left, and slept the whole way home.  Just before I got home, I used my coupon to get a quart of organic ice cream for $1 at Earth Fare.

The tomatoes and peaches we a huge hit with hubbers and Jeanne.  Although, I think next time I will just get ice cream peaches.  The 6 were enough for 2 quarts of ice cream and some eating peaches, or a quart of ice cream, and a cobbler.  Wish I got some jalapenos and garlic, but I will get some next week.  This was all from Western Wake Farmers market. 

Next week Mom and I will hit up the State Farm in Raleigh.

Currently enjoying the thunderstorm, and the (finally) sleeping children. 
Always look in the bright side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment