Monday, August 1, 2011

Food so far

The quest for yummy food continues in our home.  I froze 3 of the summer squash/zucchini grated so I can make tomato sauce later.  Hubbers sauteed the green bean with some carrots and a  1/4 piece of bacon  (this was soundly devoured by Jeanne mum and hubbers within 24 hours).  Two of the peaches were eaten the day we brought them home, and 1 has been eaten each day by Jeanne 'all by self'. 

I hope to make pizza dough tomorrow during 'nap time', but if 'nap time' is anything like today, I will onlt be runnign from one room to another calming sleeping but crying children (what is up with babies having nightmares that make them scream in their sleep! A 2 year old too! within the same 10 minutes!).  Hopfully tomorrow will bring less sleepy tears and more sound sleepers.

Last night, we had Chicken Korma, made in my slow cooker.  Jeanne ate 2 full servings with brown rice, and made a mess when she tilted her tray to drink all the juice left in her tray.

Today, I try my hand at making my own yogurt.  Do you eat yogurt?  Do you make sure it's organic?  Do a price comparrison on the 32 ounce container of your yogurt, and a gallon of 'like' milk (organic for organic, non-organic skim for non-organic skim).  Boy do those prices add up!  I will let  you know how the experiment goes, but I am already preparing to filter my yogurt through coffee filters to make it 'thicker' in the morning. 

Stay tuned!

P.S.  Now that I am trying to make as much of my own foods as possible, I am feeling the loss of a good food processor.  I have a blender with an 'attachment', but the volume it hold is minuscule.   OH if I could make my own black bean burgers or my own crust for a peach cobbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment