Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cooking day!

The family slept the latest today we have all week long! 6:20 am. Then we all started cooking! While drinking my coffee I started some yogurt in my slow cooker and made 'Southern Pesto' (from wildly affordable organic), and started thawing some bread dough to bake later today. While I don't have a food processor, I made due with our blender. It "worked", but with my having to stir a whole lot. It uses parsley, walnuts, olive oil and parmesan cheese and was really good!

For breakfast hubbers made 'fried' tomatoes topped with my pesto. Whoa goodness!
(I tried rocking Loki down, no go)

Then Jeanne and I baked chocolate drop cookies (from same cook book). (hubbers tried to rock Loki down, no go). The cookies came out really well and Jeanne loved helping me in the kitchen.

Now, I am locked away in my bedroom with Loki asleep in his carrier. He finally fell asleep for his 'morning' nap at 11:20 am. Lite bugger.

Hubbers is planning lunch now. I can't wait to find out what it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment