Friday, July 22, 2011

Shh...

My house is quite.  Jeanne woke up at 545 this morning so she went right to sleep for her nap with NO issues.  Loki soon followed!  I did some dishes and the laundry, and they are still asleep (60 minutes later).  Searching for a re-fried bean recipe per hubbers request, I was pointed to this site Heirloom Beans from Rancho Gordo.  Oh great googalie moogalie, if I wasn't literally counting pennies as I went food shopping I would SO love some of these beans!  Just look at all of these YUMMY heirloom beans!  They even have recipes for their beans if you want to try something new....  I have a recipe from my "Wildly  Affordable Organic' cookbook (gift from the best mom in the world!) to make Southwestern Bean Stew using the Yellow Indian Woman Beans.  I will add these babies to my list and I will make this fantastic dish some day.  Ah yes, BEANS!

Eat them!  Make them, put them on salads, squish them on wraps and add avocado, cilantro and tomatoes YUM!  OK, all this bean talk.... I'm going to soak some BEANS!

No comments:

Post a Comment