Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Loki really and truly hates being in the car seat.  He has never fallen asleep in the car seat, nor has he ever fallen asleep in the swing.  Due to this, our family decided to stay real close to home this nice long weekend.  Perhaps next month we will venture out to the Durham Life and Science Museum... I really wanted to go, but not so much that I wanted to listen to Loki cry to whole way there, and the whole way back.


And now the photo update!
We started the weekend with a walk in Umstead Park.  Oh how I love walking in the woods with my family!  I can't wait to go camping!  That will have to wait a couple of years though... I will NOT deal with diapers and a sleeping bag in the same night.
This image made me so happy!







We stop at the lake to watch the dogs swim and try to catch dragonflies!



I left the water in the car.... Silly mommy.  It's hot out here!

Jeanne loves finding something special to carry through the woods.  Today it was a beautiful flower.

I exist!  Loki was happy and slept most of the time in his new carrier!  Much cooler than the Bjorn.


We try to catch all the smiles we can. 



Jeanne DID do a lot of walking, but eventually wanted to be UP!  She got to ride with Daddy.


We always find the coolest wildlife.  Here is  a scarab beetle or DUNG beetle.  Yep, that'd dung he's pushing!

Jeanne and I take a walk:  I try to take her picture, but every time I ask her to look at the camera, she looks at the ground, so I put the camera away.


This is what happened next:
 Ahh, Loki...


Yeah family picture! (minus mommy of course)


July 3rd we went to the playground:


Chasing the soccer ball!


Close to the playground is a smaller walking loop, Jeanne found a cool cat o' nine tail


Hey Loki!


July 4th, we break out the chair for Loki, and he LOVED it!




Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment