Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When Daddy is away..

it is SO hard to put both kids to sleep.  Today was even worse since Loki had his 4 month check up today, followed by 3 shots.  He missed his morning nap (he didn't have a nap routine the last time we were there, otherwise I wouldn't have picked 8:45 am), then was upset/sore due to his shots, so he only 'cat napped' for about 30 minutes.  A few hours later (requiring lots of hugs and snuggles) he was still awake.  Finally by 3pm, he took a nap for another 30 minutes, but it was fitful.  By the time 630 cam araound, he was rubbing his red eyes, and had his pout lip going. 

Do you know how hard it is to explain to a 2 year old that you need the room to be 'quite' so Loki can sleep?  I'm not mad at Jeanne, she tried really hard!  I could see little pea brain trying to be 'good' and play by herself, but every 10 minutes she would run into my bedroom looking for me, as if I disappeared.  I wasn't harsh with her at the time but was worried about Loki, he needs his sleep.  I put on a MOVIE for her (I'm not a fan of the TV as a big distraction, ask hubbers, I max out at 50 minutes in the morning for her then its OFF!)  I would some out periodically when Loki was screaming and tell her how grateful I was that she was being so good and I promised her DESSERT when Loki fell asleep.   Finally, FINALLY, Loki fell asleep at 7:40pm.. (poor sleepy boy). 

I came into the living room and pulled Jeanne into my lap and hugged her.  We snuggled and watched the rest of Ice Age 2 (3?).  I made her popcorn in our new SPLURGE microwave popcorn bowl with a little olive oil and brown sugar to make KETTLE CORN.  I brushed her hair, then we started our bedtime routine.

Jeanne really was great (for the most part) considering she didn't get to run, jump, or interact with kids today.  Sure she threw down a couple of 'stand and scream' sessions, but nothing I couldn't handle with a deep breath.  The hard truth, she knew that Daddy was 'gone' and asked for him a lot today.  She'll be happy in the morning to get a big hug and some snuggles from Daddy.

Me too.

P.S.  Loki's 4 month visit:
weight: 14 pounds 14 ounces (50%)
...Dr.s comments, "Oh what a happy baby!" 
My response:  "That's new, we like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment