Monday, January 31, 2011

Icky Sicky and the WEATHER in Raleigh, NC

Thankfully Jeanne's fever has passed.  It has been replaced with a very stuffy and runny nose though, but that's better than a fever.  She is still in good spirits, and happy for the most part, well at least until you try to put her to sleep at night.

Naps are no problem though, she will drink her milk (we've switched back to almond milk, now we're thinking the soy is, uh hem, making her a stinking mess, and upsetting her belly and bottom even more), listen to her books, and very quickly fall get sleepy and will let me put her into bed still awake.  She will then sleep anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours long.  The trouble is, she takes an equal amount of nap time to be put to sleep at night.  So if she slept for 2 hours, it will take us 2 hours to be the darling to bed!  So she's been going to bed later and later everyday, often at or later than 9pm, which gives hubbers and I no time to be together, relax, or gasp clean the house and get ready for the next day.

I think, hubbers and I are going to get through this illness relatively unscathed.  I do have a sore throat most of the time, and last night it was hard to get back to sleep because I kept coughing, but it wasn't a hacking or gross cough, and right now, I just feel like some good juice and really cough drops are all that I will need.

Needless to say, when she got her fever last Wednesday, I stopped taking Jeanne out to play and be with other kids so she wouldn't spread her germs around, and so she could conserve her energy.  Yesterday, though, we just had to go outside.   Sunday was a high of 68F.  Yep, I said 68F.  We went just down the road about 3 minutes to this great toddler sized playground and large open field around 1130am (61F at the time), and the playground was filled with ubber happy parents and children playing and climbing.  It was great to see Jeanne outside and playing, although, she has realized lately that she can't do the things she once did, since she keeps bonking her head (she's grown taller, not so much heavier though).

It won't be in the 60's today (but will Wednesday), but will be in the 40's more or less.  This is what I expected for weather in Raleigh.  Hubbers and I agreed yesterday, that we will need lots more summer clothes to live here if it can reach in the 60's in January.  Which in some ways is a shame, since I have so many nice wool hats, mittens, handknit sweaters and such.  I'll have to figure out what I can knit for summer clothes.... I've never looked into those...

I hope you are all well!  (I did see the news yesterday, and saw that another blizzard will be hitting up most of country..... so sorry).

No comments:

Post a Comment