Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fever

Well, Jeanne has a fever. It was 102.2F at 4pm today and she only had a half nap. I gave her tylenol before bed at 730pm, and she woke at 1am shaking and a fever of 103.1F.

I gave her some juice, and brought her to bed with me. However, since we’ve moved her into her own bed, we actually don’t sleep well together anymore. So she had been awake, tossing and turning from 1:00am to 2:45am. I finally took her temp (orally this time) twice and it was 100F. Her skin was still warm, but no longer HOT. I brought her back into her own bed and have been sitting up, just in case she refused to be alone. I checked on her 15 minutes after lying her own and she is asleep, finally, but her back is very warm.
 
She is under a blanket, but certainly not the warmest, its doubled crocheted, so lots of holes, but I can still feel heat emanating off her. I can never remember, should you dress extra warmly if you have a fever, or dress in less clothes…?

Ill check her temp rectally next time shes awake, and give tyelenol at 5am. Hope she feels better soon!

... edited to add,
I've decided to just sleep on the futon in her room so I can hear if she fuses sooner.  She's been asleep for about 35 minutes now, so hopefully she'll stay asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment