Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can you say "Thank you"?

Hi all, sorry its been a little while since the last post.

Jeanne had a great visit with Granmommy this past weekend, everyone slept fantastically, which I really appreciated!  Things are looking good for her to move down here in a couple of months too, so we're all excited about that.

Jeanne is learning to be quite the polite little girl.  Often prompting is needed, but she will say 'please' for items she wants.  But we have had a mix up when trying to learn the order of "Thank you" and "Your Welcome".  We can go through several rounds of back and forth.

Me: Jeanne, can you say 'blue'?
Jeanne: "blue"
Me: Can you say 'monkey'?
Jeanne: "monkey"
Me: Can you say 'thank you'?
Jeanne: "Welcome!"
Me: ...sigh

The other night, when I was getting Jeanne back to sleep after her first wake up, I noticed she was very tightly curled into my body as I held her.  Instead of holding her, I laid her down in her bed and put a warmer blanket on her then she had previously.  Then I heard a very soft "Welcome"  come from her throat.  I stifled a giggle and held back a tear, how precious (you stupid hormones making me tear up!).

Jeanne is enjoying her Montessori/Art class, and I am appreciating the tips on how to use/make art items more available to her on the cheap.  This week, we did 'texture art', which really meant adding shaving cream to the paint to make it puffy, then sprinkling on fake snow (I thought it was shaved soap, which would work well too).  The woman running the class also uses regular dish soap to dilute paint too and washable markers to make happy faces on hands, are much cheaper then the almighty sticker.

Unfortunately, Jeanne had a very short nap today, and I thought she felt warm.  When I took her temperature (Jeanne called it a 'boo boo', and was very unhappy about the whole thing.  She kept asking me if she was going to get another 'boo boo' every time I changed her diaper the poor thing!), she had a 102.2F.  So Tylenol and extra hugs were in order.  She went to bed fairly easily tonight, but she seems stuffy, but is also too tired to actually wake up.  I expect she will end up in my bed tonight for the extra cuddles and the incline of a pillow to help her breathe.

I'll try to post again sooner!
Love you!

Sorry to you Northerners who are getting lots and lots of snow!  Got to say... I don't miss it one bit.  Waking at 4:30am or 5:00am to shovel and have hubbers 'attempt' to start the snow blower that only works when there is less than 2 inches of snow on the ground.  Then making my slow and painful way into Boston, because they NEVER cancel school at UMB, the drive taking 3+ hours.  Only once I arrive at 9am, hearing that school will close at noon. Gah! 

Nope, don't miss it.

You should all move here.  We've got biotech, Duke and UNC hospitals for Claude, all the retail in the world for Lee.  Tons and tons of great schools for their kids, as well as amazing after school and between school programs.  Libraries galore for Eileen, and construction is on the rise here, James could work for the 'Caryites' and live close to the shore or the mountains to please his love of open air.  Laurie loves the shore, and I hear the beaches here are wonderful!  CJ has been working a year at his job, so he could always be looking to 'diversify' his resume!

Yep, gotcha all covered.  Just start looking into moving vans now.

1 comment:

  1. I WOULD LOVE IT AT THIS POINT. READY FOR A CHANGE! CAPS ON PURPOSE! YES, I AM SHOUTING!

    ReplyDelete