Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Please play nicely.

Hubbers and I are pretty strict with Jeanne and her behavior towards Loki.  At first it was because he was less than 6 pounds and she wanted to smother him with hugs and kisses.  Then, however it was more rough play.  She was always banging him on the head or throwing toys at him. 

Even now, she is just as likely to squeeze him until he cries (her method of hugging), or will kick him for no reason.  The worst part is when she and Loki are playing alone, but she doesn't know I'm watching her from the doorway.  She'll look around, then smack him, then be super surprised to hear my voice immediately.

It's not always vicious.  Sometimes Jeanne will just yank every toy out of his hand.

I know I am eventually going to have to let them figure it out.  I'd rather not my daughter be a bully.  I'd also rather not always be standing up for Loki.

No comments:

Post a Comment