Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Boston bound!

Since my husband does a lot of travel, we miss him quite a lot. But his current meeting is in Boston, so the three of us tagged along. Although, we were still hesitant on how the kids would behave on the flight or the hotel, I felt much more 'in control' compared to our Miami trip last year. Since Boston has a lot of public transportation, we won't be stuck in the hotel, and with our museum of life and science membership, the children's and science museum will be free to us here.

So far, the kids have been great. Loki was a bit of a squirmer on the flight, but eventually settled down to nap. Jeanne was plenty happy playing with the iPad, although she did ask 'are we there yet?' several times, which I thought was hilarious.

Both kids lasted well until we got to the hotel around 10:30am, then they needed food and a nap. Jeanne was weirdly afraid of the king sized bed at first, but thankfully, we brought her Yo Gabba Gabba nap mat, and that made everything all better. We remembered Loki's wooby too. After a 2 hour mid day nap (sweet!), they we right as rain. We picked up dinner from the hotel, and our groceries arrived.

At first, I was put back at how much dinner was, but them I realized , as if for the first time, that I am feeding four people. We shared a burger with fries, a salad with golden and red beets and a Cesar salad with Salmon. We also gave the kids peaches, cheese and juice from our groceries.

I am so glad I got the groceries already. These kids need food in a moments notice, as I'm sure most kids do. We got hummus, a pound of cheese, which I think might have been too much, 8 juice boxes ,8 yogurts, 4 applesauces, jelly, almond milk and a loaf of bread. From home I brought peanut butter packets, and flat packages of baby food for Loki, many Lara bars, a bag of trail mix, a bag of Cheerios and a bag of chocolate rice krispies(the foo foo kind), sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.

Thankfully Loki is nappig well in the crib, but spent most of the night in bed with us, I don't think its as comfortable as his crib mattress at home.

Today, we are going to meet a friend of mine and his family for lunch, Jeanne is excited to sit on the train. So far so good!

1 comment: