Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lest they think I am unappreciative.

I never had a chance to post about our Christmas dinner.  My mother made a whole turkey, brussel sprouts, stuffing, sweet potato rolls, rice, had wonderful wine and to die for ice cream.  She did this knowing it was just hubbers and I thought would be eating, (Jeanne had rice and a little turkey, although surprisingly Loki ate a ton of turkey and rolls).  It was so nice to have a wonderful, healthy homemade meal with the family.  Thank you so very much for going to all that trouble for us mom!  We love you!  The turkey was fantastic, so much better than my Thanksgiving one.

Dear husband.

I never really post about what you do for us and how great a father you are.  Please don't think I don't appreciate all that you give us.  As a simple example of your supreme awesomeness, just last night, Loki was having a like of trouble settling back to sleep.  I woke with him at 1:57am, and no amount of rocking, rubbing his back or nursing was soothing him. He kept jamming his finger into his mouth, his new second tooth is really bothering him.  Each time I could get him to calm down, he wold cry out again.  After an hour, my dear husband offered to hold Loki.  He sat in the rocker, spoke quietly and soothingly to his son, I wrapped them in a blanket and dove for the bed.  Loki quieted in his daddy's warm arms.  Over 90 minutes later I told Daddy he could put Loki down now.  I didn't expect him to hold him for that long.  But true to form, as soon as Daddy moved, Loki woke.

He said sleepily "Now lets see how long it takes for the other little monster to come in here."

I said nothing and started nursing a seemingly wide awake Loki at 4:41am.

At 4:48 Jeanne walked in the room "Daddy I want some milk."

I kid you not.  We were all quite, no one made a noise to wake her.  It's like she just knew.  Thankfully, the whole family went back to sleep, eventually, and did no until 7:20am.

Mom, Hubbers, I love you both, thank you for everything you do for this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment