Saturday, December 31, 2011

Do it yourself Night Cream

Yeah, that's right, I'm still 'makin' stuff".

My latest is a night cream for my face.  I also made an aftershave balm for hubbers, but didn't take any pics, so maybe I'll post about that later.  They all go into baby food jars in the end so they'll all look the same regardless ;)


I got this recipe from the Elliot Homestead blog, which I found off of pinterest.  Three ingredients, easy peasy, all safe, and all easily pronounceable.

Night Face Cream:
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
3 Tablespoons shea butter
2-3 drops of tea tree oil (has antisecptic, antifungal properites)

This makes a small amount, so preservatives aren't really necessary, although you could always add a single cap of vitamin E.

My shea butter is more on the thick, sticky, gluey consistency rather than the crystallized/grainy I see in her photo so our end product seems to have different consistencies.  Also, I hate the smell of 'my' shea butter, I used 3 drops of tea tree oil and wanted to use 4, but also wanted to make sure if 'felt okay' on my face before I added more.

This took about 5 minutes to make, maybe.  Used it tonight for the first time, I was a little worried that it would leave my skin shiny or greasy but that is not the case at all!

It feels wonderful, WONDERFUL, going on, like rubbing a silk scarf on your face. 

It absorbs into the skin nicely and the scent is very faint, thank goodness.  I can still smell the shea, but it is so very mild it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't really smell any tea tree, but that's okay with me.  I will try to remember to post in a week or two to let you know how my face is dealing with this cream. 

Currently, I am stoked I found a night cream I can make and with a little research, I can find essential oils that okay for your face and that smell good too!


Feel like ditching your expensive cream with all those chemicals for something cheaper and feels *awesome*?

No comments:

Post a Comment