Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

 I am thankful that we are each healthy, and in our ability to find happiness everyday.

Thank you dear Husband for getting through this very tough year with me.

Jeanne, thank you for surprising me everyday.  You are such an intelligent, funny and amazing little girl.  I am proud of how you are handling your second year of life, I see it can be difficult.  Great job Jeanne!

Loki, thank you for getting out of the hospital when you did.  Your time there hurt all of us, yourself included and we needed a bit of time to repair the damage.  But, now dear son, now you are a bubbling, happy, baby boy and I love to hold you and watch your smile pop from your face.  You've done really well with your sister pushing you around, please forgive her, the second year of life seems tough.  You'll see soon enough.

Mom (Grandma Barb), thank you for all the times you've come over for lunch, thank you for playing with Jeanne and her dolls for hours each weekend.  Thank you moving here to be closer to all of us, it means a lot to all of us that you are such a part of our lives.

Memaw and Papaw, thank you for putting all those miles on your car for some intense playtime with your grandchildren.  They both love you so.

To my family up North, we miss you.  We are grateful for the times we are able to catch up via skype or facetime.  When I think of each of you, I think of food, can you guess who you are? 

Homemade pumpkin pie with whip cream, savory gravy, a great glass of wine, a bowl full of pistachios, a perfectly placed dinner table, an extra large serving of mashed potatoes, a glob of butter, a small piece of fruit only half eaten, cranberry sauce, and a plate of cheese and crackers.

I love food, and I love my family, both near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment