Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Early Thanksgiving

We decided to have Thanksgiving dinner a day earlier since it would only be two adults eating, and I had already reserved our turkey breast.  This would give us another day to eat leftovers before Hubbers had to travel again.

The Turkey has been in my large crock pot since 6:30 and I thinks its done!  I only added some orange juice and some seasoning salt.  Reviews for crock pot turkey are amazing, so I'm really hoping they are all true.  My small crock pot has a pound of Snowcap beans from Rancho Gordo for us to eat for breakfast.  If you're not eating beans for breakfast, you don't know what your missing.  Jeanne ate an adult serving of garlicky Christmas Lima beans last night.  I'm telling you, these beans are the BOMB.

We will also have mashed potatoes, green beans, beets, homemade pumpkin bread and homemade rosemary rolls.  For dessert, we'll have pumpkin pie and raspberry ice cream.  Oh yum.

I misunderstood when my mother was flying North for Thanksgiving, and it seems she will be joining us for dinner tonight, so I get to have Thanksgiving with my mom. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment