Friday, April 8, 2011

Things move much faster now a days

Alarm went of at 6:00 am, hubbers sleeps through it 3 times, both Loki and Jeanne wake at the same time (of course).  Hubbers changes Loki while I put Jeanne on the potty and bring her into our room.  The four of us lie in bed for 10 minutes, then start our day.  Since Loki just nursed, he fell back to sleep and Jeanne was happy as a lark with her 'button' I made dinner in the slow cooker while having my morning coffee (pulled pork loin with shredded sauerkraut, carrots and zucchini).  Hubbers gets ready for work while  try to get breakfast ready for Jeanne.  Jeanne just loves NOT listening these days.  I keep telling her to leave Loki be when he is sleeping in the swing, but NO, does she listen, NO! (grr)

Breakfast was had by all (8:30 am finally!) then I attempted to take a shower.  This means I have to put Jeanne in her bed (even though I know she can crawl out, its a good starting place for her) with toys and books, and put music on (today was Led Zeppelin). As soon as I get her settled Loki starts to fuss.  I try to console him and sooth him, but its a no go, and he needs to nurse again.  I can hear Jeanne on the monitor and every once in a while she calls for me or 'daddy', but it sounds more like shes just talking about us, rather than calling for us.  I manage to take a SUPER fast shower (9:15 am), and while I am drying off Jeanne is now clearly calling for me, and I can hear her knocking in her bedroom door (meaning she's out of her bed).  I'm still naked, since Jeanne is calling me loudly now, I pick up Loki, run past my living room window (shades are open of course) and open Jeanne's door slowly since I know she's right behind it.  Guess what I am greeted with.  A happy, beaming Jeanne who invites me to dance to Dyer Maker (she reached for me and says "hand", and starts dancing).  I laugh and start dancing with Loki on my shoulder and my hair wrapped in a towel.  This a a great moment for me.

After our dance, I get dressed and decide to take Jeanne and Loki out for a walk.  Loki is in the car seat, Jeanne has her shoes on, and we are almost ready, I just need my shoes.  I see Jeanne over by Loki with two wooden blocks in her hand, hovering over Loki's head.  I yell "NO!" "Jeanne don't!"  She looks at me, then drops them both, thankfully on his belly.  Unfortunately I lose my temper at Jeanne and slap her hand. I feel like hell immediately, and explain to Jeanne that she has to listen to mummy, that she can't throw things at Loki.  This is a really bad moment for me.  Jeanne recovers quickly, so at least I know I didn't hurt her.  We leave the house for our walk (9:55 am).

Off to the garage to pick up our double stroller (it technically fits in our trunk, but then nothing else would).  It's a beautiful day, 60F with the slightest breeze.  I walk for 30 minutes, then let Jeanne play in the volley ball court (aka giant sandbox) for a while.  Loki wakes and I nurse him while Jeanne plays and we sit on the grass.  I know it will take a while to make lunch, so we head in the house (11:00 am) and Jeanne watches "Play with me Sesame" while I do dishes and get our lunch ready.

12:00 pm Jeanne eats really well, blueberries in yogurt, several spoonfuls of molasses and a cup of applesauce.  12:30 she had her milk and we read books before her nap, she needed a little help, but fell asleep around 1:10pm  Loki has been asleep since around 11:30 and its now 1:45pm, so I'm off to wake, change and feed him. 

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment