Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Groceries

Can someone with more than one child please tell me how you get groceries into your house when you have a toddler and a newborn?  It was manageable with just Jeanne, since she can walk up the stairs with minimal help (and I can sherpa up), but I can't hold Jeanne's hand, 4 bags of groceries and the cars seat with Loki in it up a flight of stairs.

Some of recommended leaving the kids in the car (still buckled in) and run up the groceries, then go back down and get them, but I feel uncomfortable leaving Loki alone, he could easily spit up and choke and I wouldn't know it...  I also can't bring the kids up and leave them in the house, as I don't trust Jeanne alone with Loki, but even if I put her in her room with the door closed, I'm still left with Loki being alone.....

Anyone....

Bueller?
Bueller?

2 comments:

  1. The car seat is your friend. Bring Loki in the car seat. Leave him on the floor while Jeanne "helps" you bring in groceries.Loki will be upright and contained.Or..............wait till you have help.Barb,Paul whoever.Make more smaller shopping trips.Change, adapt and create your own "normal".Shop alone when Paul is available.This alone time is crucial. We used to say, "Mommy is going to Venezuela" when Claudia was able to get away alone even if it was only to WalMart.It felt like a mini-vacation. And don't hurry home.Breathe......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee! Yes so far I have gone shopping at 9 at night while the babes were sleeping, and tonight I took Jeanne for some mummy and daughter time while hubby watched Loki. The best part was I was able to call Granma and have her meet us at the grocery store for a sweet surprise for Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete