Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Holy Calamity, Scream and Shout!

Hubbers went back to work this week, which included a day trip (4am-730pm) to DC on Tuesday (ug, it's only Wednesday).  All of  a sudden, this SAHM thing got REAL.  I thought taking care of a toddler was difficult, or energy dependent, CLEARLY I was mistaken.

Jeanne for the most part is great, although she has been practicing the art of NOT listening (I can ask her to cover her mouth when she coughs 500 times a day, and a get a blank stare, but if I whisper "Want to watch Gabba"?, wow boy, she'll come running from the other room).  She's also been pretty sick. This weekend she had a high fever with chills, which left daddy sleeping with her and wiping her down with a wet cloth, while I tried to feed Loki.  Jeanne has also been coughing like mad, and I assumed it was due to allergies (everything is blooming and covered with green pollen here).  I brought her to the Dr's after she coughed through her whole nap time, but she only has a virus (sigh).

Loki is bipolar. He either eats really well, and sleeps a long time, or eats greedily and spits it all up and wants more 45 minutes later.  I've been nursing him while lying down at night, which will let us both sleep a lot more, and does not require him to be burped.  But if I want to move him to his co-sleeper so he can sleep on his back, he will spit up and be fussy for almost 90 minutes, every single time I try to move him.  Its rather annoying.

Hubbers was exhausted after his trip yesterday, so I *tried* to let him sleep without disturbing him too much, but Loki's fussing did wake him a couple of times.  Daddy tried to help burp him and calm Loki, but in the end it came down to just feeding him again.  Daddy was swet enough to give Jeanne her milk at 6 am( YES, she slept all night!), and he took care of her in the morning, and let Loki and I sleep until 7:30am (oh great googily moogily!).

I have unfortunately noticed I haven't taken ANY pictures of Loki or Jeanne, it's hard enough watching them, never mind getting them to pose!  I'll try this weeekend when there are more hands around.

P.S.  Thanks Granma Barb for coming over last night, it made all the difference in the world!  I am SO glad you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment