Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day

I am trying very hard not to be too sad to not see my family tomorrow, but instead am focusing on starting our own Turkey day fun here.  Although I know I will miss out on some AMAZING food, and great hugs, I DO have my own gourmet chef here, and he gives great hugs too!

We got a turkey breast (3.5 pounder) not a whole turkey, since even this pregger mum doesn't think I can eat that much food!  Turnips, carrots and parsnips will be glazed and roasted.  Yukon potatoes will be smashed to smithereens and roasted garlic mushed with all the yummy butter to make us smile.  Fresh cranberry sauce is in the pot right now, making the whole house smell like a cinnamon wonderland!  Handmade stuffing is planned with just a little farm fresh sage pork sausage from a local farm.  And to finish, a lemon poppy seed tart!


I hope your thanksgiving is as yummy, warm, and love filled!
Hugs and love to all my family in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Missouri, Florida and Connecticut!

No comments:

Post a Comment