Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am doing something wrong.

I have been trying to get Jeanne to sleep in her bed all night long.  In the recent past, we would bring her into our bed after her first waking.  Sleeping with Jeanne the first 12 months was really quite nice.  I loved having her little body snuggle deeply into me, being able to rub her back, listen to her breathe and know she was OK.  Sometimes I would wake up to her snuggled into her fathers arm.
  But now, at 17 months ( and really since she was about 12-13 months) she is bigger, longer, and quite the bed hog, not to mention a very light sleeper.  She kicks me all night, I don't mean she moves a bit.  I mean she kicks, really hard, constantly until she falls asleep, which is taking longer and longer these days.  It doesn't help that she refuses to sleep parallel with us, but must be perpendicular.

I have been trying to go into her room, and either rock her or lie on the futon with her until she falls asleep, but she seems onto me, and does her level best to stay awake.  Now, instead of her sleeping on her own more, I do one of two things.
1) stand and rock her for until she falls asleep, which takes about 20-30 minutes a shot, and she wakes 3-5 times a night (up from one)
2) I 'sleep' with her on the futon.  Which really means I don't sleep because I am still lying with Jeanne, and she is still kicking me (always in the stomach, if I put my back to her, she crawls over me to get to my stomach, which is PREGNANT).  Not to mention I am no longer sleeping in my own bed.  I try to move her to her bed once he is asleep, but again, it takes a long time, and she sometimes wakes and 'protests' and the process has to start all over again.

This morning, I brought Jeanne to hubbers at 6 for her morning sippy cup of 'milk' and went to lie back down on the futon.  Only, I was too hungry to go back to sleep.  I had been awake too long through the night and needed to get something in my stomach.

I am doing something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment