Monday, November 15, 2010

Random thoughts

I've been meaning to post some thoughts/comments lately, but haven't had a chance to.  Here is a random walk through my mind.

I really like North Carolina.  I do not miss Massachusetts (although would have liked to have a more traditional fall).  I find NC far more welcoming and open than Boston.  It could be that I am living relatively near Universities (about 20 minutes away, but there are no dorms or cheap college bars around here), but I don't know.

I am happy that, so far, it seems I can safe and fun things for Jeanne, and when she turns 18 months, more educational activities for her to do.

I knew moving here would mean being far away from my family, but now that the fantastic feast holidays are coming, I am feeling it even more.  I am already missing my Aunt's homemade pumpkin pie, my Uncle's gravy, and my Aunt's exquisite  holiday decor.  The housing market being what it is, our Mass home isn't selling, and making it home for the holiday's will be hard.  We are going to try to make it.

I knew leaving with my Master's degree would be something that filled me with relief and haunt me forever for all the time I invested in my research, in the home and just plain driving.  I didn't realize how much I would miss my friends Marla and Christian. 

I didn't plan on explaining to Jeanne what it meant to be pregnant, or that there was a baby within me, as I believed the concept to be to difficult for a 17 month old.  At some point, probably while she was kicking me in play, I told her not to hurt the baby.  This seemed to stick with her, and now, with no real prodding from me, she has started patting my belly and saying 'baby', lifting my shirt to uncover my belly, then resting her head on my belly and giving me a kiss and saying 'baby'.  When I put her in her highchair and buckle her in, she leans forward, hugs my belly, says 'baby' and smiles.  This is all super adorable and I wish I could believe she understood what she was saying and doing.  Either way, I now make sure we always get books about being a big sister from the library.  Just for her to hear more often, and hear stories about babies.
 
I think that's good enough for now.

I have an ultrasound appointment this Wednesday to make sure the internal anatomy is all normal in baby #2, and hopefully find out the sex too.  Hubbers is away, and won't be home until Wednesday night, so you won't find out here until Thursday.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment