Thursday, November 11, 2010

Loving one at a time

Jeanne is very particular about when and how she will spend time with someone.  If she has chosen you ('up, up, up, up'), then you are the only person she will let pick her up, she will only read with you, only hold your hand while crossing the street.  This was very obvious when Granmommy was here this past weekend.  Since she hadn't seen her favorite person in a while, only Granmommy would do.  Hubbers nor I could get any hugs or kisses, she didn't want to play with us, and most certainly wouldn't let her grandmother out of her sight!  This was both very adorable and off-putting at the same time. 

I know I spend all day every day with Jeanne, but I still didn't like that she wouldn't even want me to change her diaper. 

Hubbers and I were very, very worried about how Jeanne would react after Granmommy left.  I did not want her to breakdown in tears and not allow hubbers or I to console her after missing her Granmommy.  But, after we dropped my mother off at the airport, Jeanne got to say 'bye-bye', gave two kisses and waved.  As we pulled away, all was fine.  Jeanne loved and hugged hubbers and I all night long, almost as if she missed us as much as we missed her.

There must be a way to show her she can get and give love from more than one person at a time.... Hmm...

We all loved my mothers visit, and wish it could have been longer.

Thanks Mom, for all your help, and all the love time you give our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment