Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Natural History Museum. August 25, 2012

When hubbers got back from his conference last night, we went to State street for dinner. So far we are loving 'The Natural Cafe' and have eaten there a couple of times, but we wanted something different. We chose a nice Spanish place and had tapas. Well, it turns out Loki had a lot of tapas, Jeanne had pasta and the parents mostly had wine, it was happy hour after all.

With Loki's appetite we knew we would get a heartier breakfast for ye kids (I've been trying to feed us three with small things the first 4 meals with fruits, cheese, crackers/bread and deli turkey). I got the buffet for the kids and brought it back to the room. As I guessed, Loki ate a lot of everything, Jeanne ate mostly muffin and fruit.

Breakfast done, we headed out to the local natural history museum (for free I might add, per our Christmas museum membership!!!, as was the Ty Warner sea center). It was a very well do e museum with lots of preserves animals, but not in such a way that was creepy (aka Harvard's natural history museum is a horrible, stifling, suffocating area of death). Add robotic dinosaurs and a butterfly house and it was a good time! Loki fell asleep within 3 minutes in the car, but the rest of us were hungry. I figured he could sleep a bit and be fine as long as there was food in front of him when he woke. Well, that was true, except he stayed asleep for the 10 minute walk in my arms to the restaurant. It actually wasn't so bad, I got to kiss his sweet sleeping lips while we walked.

Back to the room and Jeanne went down for her nap easy peasy while Loki needed some coaxing.

I'm still sick. Not so bad, but clearly a cold and a sore throat. I've been going to sleep when the kids do o_O. Which I think is helping. Although my 'diet' has been a bit random. Hopefully I'll kick it soon. My attitude is still good, which really is all that matters for this vacation.

Wish you were here!

Oh, here are some picture from the beach I never posted.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating with all of the great pics! Guess they really do like the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete