Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Absent

Yes, yes I know I haven't been updating a lot.  Kids, they keep changing, so do their schedules.  Currently, they are both still napping, but at different times, thus I am always feeding someone, and further thus, the sink is always full of dishes.  The same goes for the toys I pick up.  You get the picture.  Anyway, I feel like I' ve been a bit lazy with my activities with the kids lately since they on different wavelengths during the day.  Today however, an early trip to a bounce house left them both thoroughly exhausted and are both asleep.  I was able to set up two activities for them when they wake, musical balloons and the trains laid out.  Loki loves anything having to do with trains.

 I am also experimenting with using a smaller crock pot.  We took hiatus from the crock pot dinner as they were mostly meat filled, thus high cholesterol filled, not to mention pretty fatty.  If you haven't heard or remember, Hubbers has lost close to 25 pounds (I only lost 5, but I'm still happy with that!) and put on a bit of muscle since we've completely changed our diet (again).  Now that we are both working out regularly, and see food differently (again) I will go back to making dinners, but with a low to no meat factor and a low fat factor (less than 4 or 5 grams of fat per serving, we had previously been doing 3, which was *hard*, but effective, especially when combined with a vegan to mostly vegan diet).  So, I am experimenting with a small crock pot (2 quart) in hopes to travel with it and make lunch or dinner for the kids and I.  Food is expensive everywhere, but when your traveling and do not have access to a stove, every meal gets harder and more expensive.


Here's to a productive experiment!

Since I had snacks, water and an activity out, the 'after nap' blahs were averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment