Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We interrupt this blogcast...

We interrupt this kid-centered blog for some great news on the parent front.  Both parents have lost significant weight since our recent Boston trip.  Once we got back home, we both made significant changes to our diet.  We both added more vegan meals to our daily diet and have stopped buying animal products (for our consumption, the kids still eat them).

While Dad is against putting a 'label' on himself and still considers himself an omnivore, his animal consumption has dropped dramatically.  His other great change is as simple as it is difficult to do, and I am so proud of him and his success.  His secret....  He eats less.  Period.

Dad has lost 9.5 pounds and is excited to keep going.

For me, since I have tried to make most of my meals vegan, I found that I 'felt' much better when I stopped eating meat.  I ended up 'ok' without cheese, but it made it difficult to enjoy some meals with my family.  So instead, I just pick and choose the dairy I will eat, and limit the amounts.  Hubbers understands and always tells me how much cheese is in something.  I've just decided to personally stop eating land animals.

I've lost 5 pounds since our Boston trip and felt 'room' in my jeans yesterday in my legs.  Huh, never felt that before, and I've had these jeans before I had ANY babies!  Yay!

Hip Hip hooray for the parents!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to both of you for the weight loss! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete