Monday, May 14, 2012

Dress-up, finger paint, and I spy


We have really re-arranged the rooms here.  I've tried to make new things more accesible to them, like clothes to play dress up.  At the same time, I've packed away most of their toys and books so they can focus on less and "miss" the ones I've packed away.


Here, Loki has found one of his Daddy's old favorite shirts to play in.  


He felt the need to sleep in it too.




While the kids played nicely together in their room, I set up a finger painting activity outside.  Loki's never done this before, so I was excited to see if he liked it or not.  I couldn't find black paper, so I just used some paper from a coloring book.


Made some 'art' shirts so they could be as messy as they like too.

Jeanne carefully uses one color to begin painting the suns rays, and his face.

She dares to add a second color, but before she would do this, she asked for a napkin to wash her hand off.  Oh so careful, oh so clean.

She pauses, then considers the third color.  
She pains a single ray, then realizes it would be quicker if she used all her fingers. 


 Then her whole hand.  Then she smiles and makes a mess.  She stands and begins to sing to herself, bouncing and happy as could be.




VIDEO:  Jeanne painting


Loki on the other hand, dipped his whole hand, made his mark and walked away.  Couldn't care less really.



He so dislikes when I tell him not to eat everything though.

He was happy enough just to play with the napkins.



We've had a few cloudy days here.
So I tried to find ways to bring a little color into their day.




 Some experimenting we did earlier with different objets and what sound they make.


Then, I made them an I Spy bottle.  I added the objects and glues their doubles to a piece of cardboard.  I was worried it would be too difficult for Jeanne.  I was wrong.  She found most of them very quickly.  I'll have to add more rice next time.  More objects too.  Ideally, I'd like to make a monochrome bottle to really make it difficult for her, but I don't have enough 'stuff' right now, but eventually.



1 comment: