Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My head aches.

It started last night around 4pm.  I took Tylenol around 5 because it was getting worse.  The kids ate dinner, took their baths and went to sleep easily (THANK YOU).  I spoke to my husband for a bit, made breakfast, put dishes away and got ready for bed.  I read 5 pages in a new book "The Rook" that came highly recommended and had to stop.  My headache came back.  I really wanted a bowl of ice cream before I went to bed, but the sudden pain was too much.  I brushed my teeth, took more Tylenol and went to bed at 9pm.

Thanks in large part to my recent yoga habit I was able to remain calm until the Tylenol began to work.  The sudden migraine was extreme and making me feel nauseous. I focused on breathing in, and breathing out.  I focused on feeling my belly move up and my belly move down.  I counted each breathe.  Wow did my head hurt.  I eventually fell asleep.

Loki woke at 11:30, I nursed him and put him back in his crib.
Loki woke at 2:22, my headache was back, it hurt, but not as bad as before I went to bed.  I nursed Loki and put him back in his crib.  I got two more Tylenol and a large glass of water.
Loki woke at 4:22, I don't know what his deal was with twenty two past and I don't care.  I nursed him and put him back in the crib.
Loki woke at 4:50, I brought him into bed with me and rubbed his belly until he gave up his fight to sit up and he went back to sleep.
Jeanne walked into our room at 5:39, stood next to our bed silently for a moment.  I turned over and invited her into bed. 
(whispering)
"Where is Daddy"? 
"He's away at work Jeanne".
"It's just mommy, Jeanne and baby"?
"Yes, Jeanne, now shush and go back to sleep".

(loudly, or in a normal day volume voice)
"OK, Mommy".

Loki jumps, spins around and starts jumping up and down on me.

I let them both jump and slap me for the next 10 minutes, then we get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment