Wednesday, January 18, 2012

An amazingly bad day.

So I was super amazed that both my kids were great yesterday, considering they woke up at 4am.  We were going to wake them around 5 to take hubbers to the airport, but you know, they woke early (uncomfortable laughter).

But today, today they are both HORRIBLE.  Yes, I said it.  Nasty, cruel, crying, whiny, hitting, screaming children.  UG!
I think Jeanne was put in time out at least 5 times by 7am.  That kind of bad day.

By the afternoon, and a short visit from a friend, I knew I needed to get them out of the house.  I bundled them up (its windy) and took them for a walk.  I expected Loki to be crazy since he decided he wanted to skip his afternoon nap, but Jeanne had other plans.  Jeanne kept pulling Loki's hand (he was in the stroller), stepping on me and pushing the stroller over.  Finally, after the umpteenth correction, she screamed at me and hit me.  Okay.  We're going home.

(cue screaming crying child the whole way home).

Then, its as if she knew what I was thinking (I didn't say it),  she started crying, "I'm not tired, I'm not tired".

Uh huh.  Right, Your taking a nap little lady.

A small cup of vanilla almond milk, and a book and she went out.  No fuss, no muss, no fight.  Same for Loki (although with the almighty boob, not almond milk).

This was at 4:00 pm.
I open a beer and start making chocolate peanut butter brownies.
Oh yes I am.
*ahh*, and the beer was done by the time I finished writing this.

I love you hubbers, I really do.  You are my rock and my strength.   I miss you, and know this is important for your job.

And now I will sit on the kitchen floor, in my quiet house and go through the three bags of clothes brought to me by a friend and with kindness.

And maybe one more beer, you know while I'm waiting for the brownies to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment