Monday, January 30, 2012

He, whom shall not be named

My husband is an amazing man.  He is honest, generous, giving and thoughtful.  I try my best to cook food dinners and breakfast during the week so the whole family can have nutritious yummy meals and so that hubbers doesn't have to worry about cooking when he gets home from work.  This, the whole me cooking aspect, took many years and many failed meals, but I am 'able' to feed my family.  I have no delusions I will ever be on par with my husband or my Aunts Laurie and Eileen.  True chefs they are.

Currently, my husband is the sole worker in the family, and his job requires a lot of traveling.  A lot.  He is away about 45% of the month of February.  This bothered me so much that the kids and I will be joining him on his last trip in February, so we can at least see him at night and breakfast.

When my husband is home, he will do the dishes, fold the laundry, and cook amazing meals for hours on end, especially if he knows he is leaving soon.  He'll also do these sorts of things if I am sick.  Which I am right now, sick that is.

I have a very bad sore throat and a slight fever.  I went to bed last night at 8:30pm, and although Loki woke 6 times, we stayed in bed until 6:00 am, so I think that's good for my body.  Yesterday though, my dear husband got up with Loki at 5:00 am and began making him steel cut oatmeal.  The remainder of the day was filled with cooking.  Omelets, guacamole, homemade pizza, sausage, macaroni and cheese, turkey burgers, grilled portabella mushroom burgers.  You know, the works. 

My dear husband is leaving this Tuesday evening, and will be home Thursday evening.  Even though I am sick, I know I will have plenty to feed my children and myself.

I adore my husband, and I am so thankful for all that he does for his family.  We will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment