Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weird night

Jeanne woke often last night, and when she did it was filled with prodigious screaming.  The first time she woke, she asked for 'ILK!"  But we normally don't give milk until at least 4am, unless she's not eaten anything that day (but that day was a great food day, so I said no).  This did not go over well.

She then screamed "ILK", then "BABY" (which means she wants to be cradled like a baby), so I sat down and held her like a baby, then she screamed "ILK".  I said "It's not milk time Jeanne", she responded with a loud "BOPPY!" (you know, the breast feeding pillow, which she just loves right now).   So I laid her against the boppy, so she screamed "BABY".  You get the picture.  Hubbers came in and asked if there was anything he could do, and I told him the above.  He held her (she was still screaming bloody murder), and she yelled "BOPPY!" again, so hubbers grabbed the boppy and thumped it against her back.  She stopped screaming and crying immediately.    He sat there with Jeanne cuddling into his shoulder and holding the boppy against her back.  I covered my mouth and began hysterically laughing.  The little monster wanted the boppy to TOUCH her.  What is that about?!

It was really too funny.  She let me take her back a little while later and put her back down to sleep, but she woke again 90 minutes later thirsty, so she got some water.  She woke again at 420am and got her milk, and back to bed.  She woke again at 530, and I was painfully dragging at this point.  It is hard for me to get back to sleep after she wakes, so even on the good nights when she goes right back to sleep, I often lie awake for an hour or more in bed trying to get back to sleep (which does not happen if Loki wakes and kicks the crap out of me), so all the night waking last night really took its toll.  I went into her room, changed her diaper and pants AGAIN, and put her on the futon and lied with her.  I rememebr hearing the alarm go off at 6am, but when I next opened my eyes it was light in the room (not a good sign). We quickly woke daddy to tell him he was late to work as it was 8:15am!

What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment