Thursday, February 17, 2011

Guilt or Fear

Hubbers reminded me that I haven't blogged in a while, sorry.  I'm sick, again.

Anywho, I've been trying to get ready for baby #2's arrival, freezing soups, knitting, organizing clothes, etc.  In the meantime, Jeanne and I have settled nicely into a routine.  Breakfast, Gymboree, lunch, nap, snuggles on the couch with juice after the nap, afternoon painting or a walk outside when its nice, hubbers comes home, dinner, bath, and bedtime.  Overnight, Jeanne will wake anywhere from 2-4 times, and she is finally (fingers crossed) healthy in the belly.

During the day, we have conversations, she will blather, blather, then make a distinct clear short sentence. Just in the last 2 weeks, her mastery of the simple sentence has been amazing.  She is so curious about her surroundings, and will name everything around her, and if she doesn't know the name, she will say "Mommy this"?  She is learning her numbers very well, but has some strange severe block to learning colors, everything is green.

So the Guilt or Fear title.

Jeanne and I spend most of our days laughing, learning, and playing, that at times I feel guilty, knowing how much that will all change when the babe arrives.  The first 2-3 months are really the worst, as far as needing to hold the babe and nurse on demand, I worry that Jeanne will feel shunted or pushed aside.

We have spoken to Jeanne often about the baby, and that mommy has Loki in her belly, but only time will tell if she is patient and calm.

I feel so close to Jeanne right now, and she is such a joy to be with.  I hope she still sees how much I love her, and that my love will not change.

2 comments:

  1. I remember wondering how could I possibly love another child as much as I loved you. Jeanne is amazing - I think she will enjoy being a big sister and be very helpful and loving to her little brother. Maybe on weekends we can work it so that you get scheduled Jeanne time with just her. You are a fabulous mother - don't feel guilty!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be amazed how much love your heart can hold.You will have a new person in your world and so will Jeanne. You all will do great.

    ReplyDelete