Thursday, August 19, 2010

Curious Jeanne

Jeanne always has more books laying about the house than toys, and I have to switch them out often, lest she get bored with them.  But lately she has been doing something interesting with them.  She will bring me a book, turn around to sit in my lap, then once I start reading, she grabs my finger and controls my pointer finger to hover over different pictures or words on the page.  If I say a new word (new color like azure or tangerine) her little brow will crease and will move my finger over the image again and again, having me repeat the new word.

She has started doing this with Daddy to during their nightly book reading before bed.  She seems to save new words she learned that day for him, as twice in the last week when I was called in, I was told she said a new word.

This morning, while we successfully used the potty (Yea!  she's been on a 2 month strike since learning how to walk), we were reading an alphabet book.  " A rough and rocky R and a sky blue S followed by a star".  She took my finger and pointed to star, rabbit, racecar, star, S, R, R, R, R, star, star, star, star, then she looked at the ceiling and pointed.  "YES!  Those are stars"! (We have glow in the dark stars over her changing table).  A huge beaming smile filled her face, and she pointed to the star int he book, then back at the ceiling.  She understood and recognized star, and was so clearly happy about it.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. precious!!!
    she is so curious and intent on learning!
    \
    \granmommie

    ReplyDelete