Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bakers Baking

So I've started baking.  Nothing like Eileen or Laurie, I'm starting slowly.  Bread.  Yummy, fresh from the oven, bread.  I first made 1/2 white 1/2 wheat bread, but the loaves didn't rise because I keep the house too cool.  Then I warmed the oven, and Zoom, did the bread rise.  Tonight, while Granmommy watched Jeanne I made my first 100% whole wheat bread with cranberries.  It rose well, but I think I could have given it more time to do so.  The taste is good and will make great sandwich bread.

Paul says my next feat is pies and pie crusts, but I feel daunted by that...

In other news, Jeanne is feeling better, although still has a runny nose. Even tough she was sick, she had a full week.  Within 24 hours last week, she said "Dada", "Mama", and crawled.  In only the last couple of days, if you hold her hands, she will 'walk' forward.  I doubt she'll crawl long, and will jump right towards walking in her own.

Love to all!
The Baking Bakers

No comments:

Post a Comment