Saturday, March 6, 2010

Not a typical day, but still no fun


I feel like Jeanne knows when I’ve had a particularly long day, and decides to add to it by not sleeping at night. Thursday I woke at 430, left the house at 530, at work at 630, started my experiment… gym…work, work, work…. Thanks to the aid of two other grad students, was able to leave at 4pm instead of 5pm, drove home picked up pizza and Harpoon cider. Home at 615. Nurse babe, put her down at 7pm. So sad that I only got to spend 30 minutes with her. I went to bed at 830 CONKED OUT. 
Babe wakes at 940, I nurse, change diaper and put her back in the crib. 
Babe wakes at 1140. Bring her into bed with me. Nurse. 
Babe wakes at 1230. Try to rock , sshh, and rub belly. No go. Nurse 
Babe wakes at 230. I wake to her crawling and trying to roll over, she gets caught on her sleeve multiple times, and uses my nipple as a handle AHHHHH. Try to rock , sshh, and rub belly. No go. I sit up in bed, this worries DH that I am losing my crap, and I am. 
I take deep calming breath and NURSE again. 
Babe wakes at 500. Try to rock , sshh, and rub belly. THIS WORKS. 
Babe up for day at 630. 
sigh. 
Hubbers cooked eggs, bacon, cheesy toast and I get TWO cups of coffee this morning. Make it out of the house at 820 to start a very late day at work (usually at work by 7am, Friday I got in at 930).
Everytime I try to do something different with her sleep (right now its getting her to sleep in her crib alone), its like she out and out refuses to comply and fights back tooth and nail. It's so hard to continue trying, because it is SO MUCH easier just to bring her back in bed with me…..

2 comments: